meet the principal
Dance Performances - “The Music of Musicals”
The first of three Dance Performances is coming in December! The 5th and 6th graders will be performing on Thursday, Dec. 12th @ 7:00 p.m. in Poet’s Performing Arts Center (MPR). The dance performances are always an entertaining event for students and families. It is fun to see our students perform on stage after working so hard on their dance pieces. Tickets/seats for the show will be going on sale in November. Show and ticket information will be going home with students soon.
Intra-District Transfer Requests are being accepted from
October 15, 2019 until January 15, 2020
No Late Transfers Accepted
Please review our 2019-20 School Calendar
We ask that every family complete an application. Even if you do not qualify, it will help our school! Follow this link to complete an application for free and reduced lunch!
Please review our calendar!
The PTSA is hosting a Dads & Donuts morning of treats and snacks this Friday, Nov. 8th. Dads and Donuts is one of our favorite events, but it is not exclusive to fathers; we are also inviting grandfathers, uncles, guardians, and other gentlemen who have a big impact on our students. This is a wonderful event designed to give our fathers and others a chance to enjoy a tasty treat in the morning with students.
Of course this couldn’t happen without the help of our moms! If you’d like to help at the event, call us at 830-3325. The event is being held this Friday, Nov. 8th from 7:30-8:15 a.m. We hope to see you there!
Hockey Night is back! The Stockton Heat are offering special seats and prices (40% off) for Poet families to attend the game on Friday, Nov. 15th against the Tucson Roadrunners. Poet will receive up to $7 back on every ticket purchased by Poet families. We have a special section reserved for Poet families so we can all sit in the same area and enjoy the game. Last year we had over 100 Poet folks at the game and we had a great time! With enough people in attendance, 8 lucky students will get a chance to sit on the Heat bench during warm-ups. It’s also a Harry Potter Theme Night. Dress up in Harry Potter style and join us at the game! Get your tickets at www.groupmatics.events/poet.
Do you know a child with special needs?
- We want to be sure that every child who has a disability receive the help he or she needs.
- We want to ensure that supports are in place for students with special needs.
- Anyone in the community who is concerned about the learning abilities of a child may participate in the Child Find Process.
- The District actively seeks out and accepts referrals to assess children who may have a disability.
- Assessment is provided at no cost to the parent.
- Concerns regarding a child’s need for special education can be presented by a parent or by any person concerned about a child.
- Parent involvement and agreement is obtained prior to any further action.
- Information is confidential and the privacy of child and parents is protected.
If you know of a child who has one or more of the following disabilities (or you suspect a child has a disability), please let us know. We’re here to help!